If you haven’t already discovered the magical world of Pinterest in your daily adventures, you’re truly missing out. Pinterest is an innovative social media platform that allows users to organize, or “pin”, thoughts, tips, ideas, recipes, and everything else you could possibly imagine onto tidy little boards, all on one profile for easy access whenever you need them.
Think of it as visually bookmarking websites and articles on one online bulletin board, and you basically have Pinterest. While it’s a fantastic site that has gained popularity in recent years and shows absolutely no sign of stopping anytime soon, many caretakers and seniors alike aren’t taking advantage of the benefits that Pinterest has to offer the older community. Just to get some ideas flowing, here are 5 of the best searchable topics on Pinterest for seniors.
- Senior Health: The senior lifestyle and health topic on Pinterest is absolutely bursting with fantastic tips and tricks for everything from keeping your immune system strong and healthy, to general ideas for making the most out of daily life.
- Exercises for Seniors: We all know how important it is to stay in shape, and it’s especially important as we age. The “Exercises for Seniors” topic is a great way to stay limber and fit, offering countless videos, articles, and step-by-step instructional pictures for learning new and easy exercises.
- Activities for Seniors: Especially useful for caretakers, the “Activities for Seniors” topic is a goldmine for discovering creative and entertaining activities for seniors. Everything from the best senior-friendly trips, to easy games that improve memory skills or make introductions at residential homes a little easier, this topic is a must see.
- Cooking for Seniors: Tastes change as we age, dietary needs change, and more often than not the number of people to cook for changes as well. Whatever the reason may be, taking a look at the “Cooking for Seniors” topic will provide list after list of delicious recipes for everyone from diabetics to those who are simply cooking for just one or two.
- Senior Discounts: A fun perk of getting older is constantly finding great senior discounts at favorite restaurants, hotels, and other businesses around town. The “Senior Discounts” topic on Pinterest can find discounts that you probably didn’t even know were available, so be sure to check it out to score some money-saving deals.